Once we approve your application, we will contact you with payment instructions.
The Humane Society of Sarasota County, Inc. (HSSC) wants you to be satisfied with your participation in our Pet Therapy Training Courses. For successful participation and enjoyment, we ask that you understand and agree to the following course requirements:
1) The fee for this course is non-refundable. Unless otherwise stated, this course runs for six consecutive weeks and there are no make-up classes.
2) Out of fairness to all participants, classes will begin promptly at the stated time.
3) Each owner is responsible for providing proper training equipment and suitable treats.
4) Please remember to wear closed-toe shoes to class.
5) Remember that every interaction you have with your dog is a training opportunity. Either your dog is training you, or you are training your dog...it's your decision!
6) If you or your dog is a disruption to the class, the trainer reserves the right to excuse the dog and handler.
I understand that there are inherent risks associated with the presence of dogs in training. I assume full responsibility for myself, my dog, any other handlers of my dog, and any observers that attend my class with me. I agree that I have given full disclosure of any history of aggressive behavior by my dog, and understand that failure to do so will result in being excused from the class and no refund will be given. I agree to hold harmless HSSC, its staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors for any harm that may happen to me or my pet during the course of training. I understand that trainers may intervene in dog-to-dog interactions and separate dogs as needed. I grant full permission to HSSC to use any photographs or video recordings of this event for any purposes.
NOTE: Enrollment in this course does not constitute certification or approval to perform pet therapy on behalf of the Humane Society of Sarasota County. Only upon successful completion of the course and subsequent fulfillment of program requirements, including the payment of program fees ($50 for the first year and $40 for subsequent years, which includes liability insurance coverage), will the handler and dog team be deemed HSSC Pet Therapy Volunteers.
THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF SARASOTA COUNTY, INC., IS A PRIVATE, NON-PROFIT 501(C)(3) CORPORATION REGISTERED WITH THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES, REGISTRATION NUMBER CH239, AND RECEIVES 100% OF ALL DONATED FUNDS. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR ONLINE AT WWW.FRESHFROMFLORIDA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.